Finger Knitting Necklace Instructions
Finger Knitted Long Necklace Pattern & Instructions
All you will need is a ball of pretty yarn, scissors, and 2 hands!
1. If you are right handed, you will string the yarn onto your left hand and vice versa.
2. Start by draping the yarn over your hand with your palm up. Leave at least a 6 inch tail.
3. Weave the yarn through the front and back of your fingers as shown in the photos below:
4. Now go back over all 4 fingers, weaving in and out the same way. Make sure this yarn stays above the yarn on the previous step.
5. Take the bottom yarn on your pinky and pull it up and over your finger, leaving the yarn above on your finger. Do this for each finger.
6. Weave the yarn through the front and back of your 4 fingers again, keep this yarn above the yarn already on your fingers. Now, pull the bottom yarn on each finger up and over each finger, leaving the top yarn on your finger.
7. Continue this sequence until you get to 8-10 rounds. Leaving your work still on your fingers, pull the beginning tail gently until there is no more slack on the yarn.
8. Repeat step 6 until you have reached the desired length of your necklace. You may find it helpful to pull gently on the back of your work as you go so you can see the shape taking place. It will look like this on the back:
9. To tie off, trim the end of the yarn leaving at least a 6 inch tail. Take the end of the yarn, and thread it through each loop on your fingers, one at a time in the same direction, starting with end the yarn is closest to.
10. Carefully take the yarn off your fingers. Pull the tail gently, until it is pulled tight.
11. Use the 2 end tails and tie into a bow. You can trim the ends so that they are even. Or if you don't like the bow look, you can tie into a knot. Tie over the knot a couple times to make sure its secure and then trim the ends.
Please let me know if you have any questions about making the necklaces. ENJOY!